MPhil in English Language Education is a one and half year research degree that aims to enhance research skills and knowledge of the English language professionals. The program foresees transforming practices in English language education with researching, advocating, publishing and identifying needs of English language, teaching and learning, ELT management and research.
This is a program of School of Education. Department of Management Informatics and Communication (DoMIC) runs MPhil in English Language Education at Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel.
Program Objectives and Attributes
By completing MPhil in English Language Education program, research students are expected to demonstrate
- an ability to identify research issue(s) and to develop viable research design as per the ethos of paradigm(s), methodologies and methods employed in their research;
- a sound understanding of the major areas, focus and contours of local, regional and international research in their respective research area;
- a capacity for critical assessment of relevant scholarly literature in their field of study;
- an ability to accomplish defined scholarly research within a specific research program
- an ability to develop, implement and evaluate educational programs for the concerned community of practice;
- well-developed flexible problem-solving abilities (skills, knowledge and attitudes) appropriate to the area of study;
- an ability to develop the ethos of life-long learning in their personal and professional contexts
Structure of the program
The program is of three semesters. There are courses for 33 credit hours comprising core courses (9 credit hours) and specialization courses (12 credit hours), electives courses (3 credit hours), dissertation (including others options) (9 credit hours).